Are you relatively new to vaping and on the lookout for helpful information? Do you want to know more about the liquid in your vaping device? Are you unaware of the different types of tasty vapes that are available to you? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then please read on while this short piece gives you the lowdown on everything you might want to know about vaping liquids. With a fuller understanding, you can choose to move your vaping journey in different directions according to your wants and tastes.
What’s In My E-liquid?
To understand vape liquid, it is fairly important to discuss the four main ingredients as they all bring something to the table and contribute to the varied ways of vaping. These four essential components are as follows –
- Propylene Glycol is known as PG in vaping terms and is an organic food additive that is used to heighten flavour; also used in medicines, it is a thinner liquid used in both production industries for over sixty years.
- Vegetable Glycerine or VG is a clear liquid with a thick consistency produced from plant oils such as coconut or palm; it is used in many products, including foods and cosmetics. E-liquids with a high VG content produce large vapour clouds.
- Nicotine – the nicotine in vape liquids will be either the traditional Freebase nicotine or the newer Nic salt type of nicotine. This recent development uses a kinder production method to produce a smoother vape.
- Food-Based Flavourings are the standard food industry flavours that give countless products their distinctive tastes.
The vaper can decide on a specific e-liquid with differing PG or VG levels that are suited to the way they want to vape. All the major vape juice manufacturers produce these different types of e-liquid. Let’s now take a look at the main types of e-liquids in the marketplace today.
The Different Types Of E-liquid
The majority of vapers, especially those at the start of their vaping career, will use an e-liquid with an even 50/50 PG/VG mix, and there’s no problem with that; it’s a great all-rounder that delivers a superb even vape, especially the newer vaper looking for the sensation of traditional tobacco smoking. There are, however, two other pre-mixed e-liquids that allow the vaper to lean towards a more specific way of vaping; they are –
- 70/30 – this is an e-liquid with a 70VG/30PG mix ratio; it is tailored for use in advanced sub-ohm vape devices that burn the thicker liquid at a lower resistance. The outcome is a smooth vape that produces very large clouds of vapour.
- 80/20 – in the opposite corner is a liquid mixed into an 80PG/20VG formula. It gives a vape with a heightened flavour and delivers a throat hit suited to those who have recently quit smoking. It is best used in vape pens or pods.
Finding out about these different types of e-liquid may have given you food for thought. If you enjoy the great flavours and want a decent throat hit, then it’s 80/20 for you, or if you dream of being a cloud chaser, then 70/30 is the way to go.
Fully exploring the different e-liquids can take your vaping experiences into new and exciting directions where you may find a new favourite flavour. Find out what your vaping supplier has to offer today.